Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Prayer Every Day

As I sit here writing today I am at 1,495 views on this blog.  I am so shocked.  When Steffenie first suggested that I do this last November I thought she was crazy.  No way was this gal going to get views on something she writes and especially when I am JUST writing my feelings.  Well lo and behold, she was write.  This blog has been viewed in multiple countries and just shy of FIFTEEN HUNDRED TIMES!  That is amazing.

Every time I sit to write a blog, it is my prayer that this will reach someone that needs to hear it, whether that person is suffering like I am or is in a relationship of any kind with a person that is going through this also.  I am doing all of this to raise awareness for Endometriosis, all disorders that go hand in hand with it and for chronic pain and illness sufferers also.

I am involved in many ways besides just the blog in the hopes of shedding light on a disease that isn't talked about and very much shunned in the medical community.  Steffenie Robinson has been so gracious to allow me to join forces with her, in raising awareness in mainly Oregon but everywhere we can!!!

This year (yes I call a year the same as the schools) my focus is getting a program called EMPOWR off the ground here in Oregon.  It is a program that the Endometriosis Foundation of America has created.  We are looking for mainly high schools to allow a virtual presentation of a program designed to educate and empower our youth to have a voice in their health care and to also know the warning signs that something in their body isn't right.  If you are a teacher, school nurse or have a group that would be interested let me know.  We can do the program anywhere that has internet capabilities.

Another project I am working on is joining forces with Cause and Event.  This is a walk that they do annually.  Any non profit organization can join with them on their 5k walk.  So EndoWomen of Oregon has joined in with them in effort to raise money for research at the Endometriosis Foundation of America.  We have a handful of walkers right now that are registered.  If you would like to find out more info you can check it all out here.  We are looking for walkers locally and virtually.  Also we are accepting donations to be sent to EFA.  Our goal is to raise $2000 for the EFA and we are on way to that goal!

These are just a few ways I am working to raise awareness for the disease that has twisted and turned my life upside down.  How can you help?  What can you do to make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment