Sunday, September 20, 2015

From the mouth of my BABE!

Here is my husband's take on all this endometriosis crap!!!

Endometriosis has changed my life in so many ways.  It has changed our family life too.  To be completely honest, although this disease is horrible, I always try to find the upside.  End has made me see and realize how much I love and care about my wife.  I already knew I loved her more than anything but it is so much more than that now.  This disease has dragged her down but it has made her fight even harder.  She has had to rely on me even more in turn making me a better man, husband and father.  Endo is really some messed up shit.  As easy as it would be to give up, she hasn’t.  She doesn’t let endo define who she is. 
                As the husband, it has never been a thought of mine to give up on her and walk away.  I hear about men walking away from their wives in similar situations and it makes me sad and upset…ok really angry too.  In a time where love and support are needed, the most, he walks away.  You “boy” are not a man.  I get it it’s not easy by any means but nothing about life is easy…except one thing, loving my wife and kids. 
As crazy as it sounds, endo has made me see even more how amazing my wife it.  Don’t get me wrong, I hate endo and truly wish it never happened to my wife but we don’t have that option.  The only option is to deal with it and know this is going to be a part of our lives forever.  Knowing this, the good days are great days and the bad days are rough but no matter what the day is it’s still our day as a family.  It’s up to us as a husband and wife and family to make it what it is.  This has not only made me better but it has made our kids better.  They are some of the most loving, caring, sweet, awesome kids you will ever have the pleasure of knowing. 
I can’t control what this evil disease does to my wife but I can control how we as a family deal with it.  I know I get my strength from her.  She is a fighter.  As a team we tackle this fight together.  We will never give in and strive to make the best out of whatever this disease tries to takes from or throws at us. 
To any other husband out there, that is going through this and may be lost.  Stop and realize that SHE is the one that has to deal with it physically and mentally every second of every day.  Be there to support her.  Don’t pretend like it doesn’t exist.  LISTEN to how she is feeling.  Take the time to educate yourself.  Remember she has endo, she is not endo.  Take the good days and enjoy, then take the bad days for days of extra love and support.  Remember why you married her…that hasn’t changed.  For better or worse, through sickness and health, it means something!

Elizabeth, you are my wife and the love of my life.  No ENDO is going to change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment