Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Where's the EASY button?

The last few weeks have been full of ups and downs.  I have had better days and worse days.  Good mood, crying my eyes out and raging days.  I guess I just had a false sense of how I was going to feel after my surgery.  I had rose colored glasses on and thought "Hey, I am having surgery, the best out there, I am going to finally feel better."  Wow, I couldn't have been further from the truth.  Yes, the endo pain is gone.  Wow that is amazing.  But now everything else is spiraling out of control.  I am pretty sure I was so focused on my endo pain everything else seem minuscule.

Last week I started Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy.  I was told that because I have been in pain so long this is going to be a longer process than just a few appointments.  Go figure, I have been told that through this whole process.  I have so much damage to the whole pelvic region it, the damage affects my abdomen and into my back and buttocks.  At least I feel comfortable with the therapist since it seems we are going to be spending a lot of time together.  Well, all the work that she did made my muscles and ligaments go crazy.  I have basically been down for the last week.  I am working on relaxing my body and trying to release some of the tension that it is holding, since that is what is causing the issue.  At this point I don't know if I am doing it right or not because I just feel cruddy no matter what.

I have been on an estrogen patch now for three weeks.  My Dr. was hoping it would help the hormones from being crazy and out of control.  Ya it helps for about 48 hours after I put the patch on but the other 24-48 hours I am a crazy mess.  I got told today to wait it out more or we can try an anti-depressant to help with all of that.  I hate not knowing which way to go.  I hate not knowing what to do.

My toes go numb.  My legs and arms go numb.  My joints ache.  Yes I have had this for years but I was hoping it was the endo on something or pushing somewhere that was causing this.  Now I have to figure out what that is.  Did you know endo goes hand in hand with SO MANY different diagnosis!  I don't even know where to start or who to see for it.  So I just sit here.

I am 1 in 10.  I feel more like 1 in a million.  This isn't fair to anyone involved.  I have started to go back to just sucking it up to get things done, to see people or be around them.  I run out of "spoons" quickly lately.  I am ran over and exhausted.  Where is the easy button in all this?  I would take the eraser also!!!  I want this wiped out!!!

If you experience painful periods, heavy bleeding or hard cramps even vomiting with your period, that is not normal.  Please don't wait 20 years to have someone believe you, find that person to support you and then find a doctor to help you.  Keep fighting, reach out and find support!  No one else in the world should have to go through this and it's all because I had endometriosis untreated so long!  DON'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment