Saturday, February 21, 2015

What the EndoMarch means to ME!

Anything I can be a part of that gets the word out to at least one more person, I am going g to be there.  I have suffered in silence for 20 years.  I have had family members laugh at me because there was no way I could be in that much pain, it's just a period.  I have had doctors that don't believe me.  I have felt like crap but pushed through it because I had to be exaggerating it, noone else else seems like their insides are being torn out every month.  No other woman deserves to feel like they have a cork screw digging inside them.  I am a mother of a daughter and the Auntie of my nieces.  They don't deserve to go through this.  Through the publicity of this march I hope that we will help gain awareness for this invisible disease.  No you can't see it.  As my friend Steffanie said today, "if this disease were on the outside of our bodies we would look horrific."  You wouldn't be able to ignore it then so why ignore it now. 

I wish I had all the money in the world and could fly to Washington DC to be at this walk in person!  I wish I healed faster from my surgery and could go to Palo Alto to march.   It's just not feasible this year but I WILL be there next year.  And I will be there in spirit, marching right along with these powerful men and women.  Together we will make a difference.   We will step closer to a cure. We will educate people about invisible illnesses. 

Www.endomarch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment